Recently, the US Economic Development Administration (EDA) announced a new project funding New Growth Innovation Network (NGIN) and sub-awardee NADO Research Foundation (NADO RF) to promote inclusive growth strategies for the national network of Economic Development Districts (EDDs). This webinar described how the project will support a National Community of Practice and provide technical assistance to six EDDs on integrating inclusive economic development strategies into their COVID-19 recovery. This session also shared more about the benefits of inclusive economic growth and how these models – which equitably engage all individuals and assets in the community – can lead to stronger recovery and greater regional competitiveness.
EDDs interested in applying to receive direct technical assistance should e-mail [email protected] by 5/31/21.
- Ryan M. Smith, Research and National Technical Assistance Coordinator, Performance and National Programs, Economic Development Administration, US Department of Commerce
- Yasmina McCarty, CEO & President, New Growth Innovation Network
- Brett Schwartz, Associate Director, NADO Research Foundation
Additional Resources and Information:
- New Growth Innovation Network website
- EDA Investment Priorities
- Executive Order on Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities through the Federal Government (Jan. 20, 2021)
- Equity and Inclusion Resources for Regional Development Organizations (RDOs)
This webinar is presented as part of a project funded through a grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce. The statements, findings, conclusions, and recommendations are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Economic Development Administration or the U.S. Department of Commerce.