During this webinar, learn how a group of committed, caring, and passionate residents of St. James, MN (pop. 4,750) chose to embrace the changing population demographic in their small town as an opportunity. In the process of getting to know one another’s stories and working on projects designed to recognize and celebrate the diverse cultural heritage of the town’s residents, trusting relationships formed that have built bridges between diverse community members, creating a more welcoming community for all.
- Alejandra Bejarano, Economic Recovery Planner, Region Nine Development Commission, Mankato, MN
- Pat Branstad, Uniting Cultures/Uniendo Culturas Facilitator, St. James, MN
- Nicole Griensewic, Executive Director, Region Nine Regional Commission, Mankato, MN
- Sue Harris, Community Education Director, St. James, MN
- Moderator: Ciara Ristig, Senior Program Manager, NADO Research Foundation, Washington, DC
- Resource Page: Embracing Change: Strengthening Communities in Rural America
- Website: Uniting Cultures/Uniendo Culturas
- Website: Region Nine Development Commission
- Resource Page: Equity and Inclusion Resources for RDOs
- Project Page: New Growth Innovation Network Inclusive Recovery Initiative
This webinar was prepared by sub-awardee the NADO Research Foundation using Federal funds under award ED21HDQ3070009 to the New Growth Innovation Network from the U.S. Economic Development Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce. The statements, findings, conclusions, and recommendations are those of the participant(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Economic Development Administration or the U.S. Department of Commerce.