The Development District Association of Appalachia (DDAA) had developed a new publication with the assistance of NADO. The Executive Summary of the report focuses on the role of the DDAA’s Local Development District in fostering regional strategies, partnerships, and solutions. (View the new DDAA publication.)
- LDDs have administered over 9,500 grants and projects with proven accountability and results, totaling more than $6.2 billion in pass-through and programmatic funds, during the past two decades.
- The combined business development loan portfolio invested more than $523 million in gap financing for businesses and entrepreneurs. We have made more than 3,500 business loans, leveraging an additional $1.3
- billion from the private sector in underserved regions and for companies and entrepreneurs struggling to secure traditional bank financing.
- Almost 70,000 jobs have been created or retained, and 125,000 workforce clients were prepared to contribute to the region’s economy as a result of our LDD programs.
- Some 3.6 million seniors benefited from aging programs administered by LDDs in parts of the region, including through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Area Agency on Aging program.
Click here to download a power point of the report.
Click here to visit the DDAA website.