The Principal Planner is responsible for the administration of the Rural Planning Organization (RPO) and related regional transportation planning efforts; facilitation of local comprehensive plans, downtown revitalization plans, zoning code updates, and other local and regional planning technical assistance; and the solicitation, preparation, and submission of community and economic development grant applications. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, local government assistance and resource development; GIS mapping; administration of ARC, CDBG, EDA, and other state or federally funded projects; and related tasks as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Planning, Urban Studies, Public Administration, Civil Engineering, or Political Science, and at least two years of related post-graduate work experience.
- Local planning experience preferred.
- GIS mapping experience preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting plans, grant reports, and other related projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with local government officials and other regional stakeholders.
- Capacity to work on several projects or issues simultaneously while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Driver's license and good driving record required.
Salary (based upon qualifications and experience): $55,000 - $60,000; Full benefits package.
To apply, submit a résumé and brief cover letter to TARCOG’s HR Manager at [email protected].TARCOG is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Position is full-time on-site in Huntsville, AL with flexibility to work remotely on occasion.