Lake of the Ozarks Council of Local Governments (LOCLG) is seeking applications for the position of Executive Director. LOCLG is the Regional Planning Commission serving the counties of Camden, Laclede, Miller, and Morgan with programs and projects related to a variety of planning activities, including but not limited to transportation, economic development and hazard mitigation, as well as grant writing/administration, and other technical services. LOCLG receives both federal and state funding assistance and manages two Revolving Loan Funds designed to provide lending opportunities to small businesses within the region.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, administration, coordination, and implementation of all programs, as well as the development of new projects and programs, that are necessary to the future of the organization, region, and its membership.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred, but will consider relevant qualifications; background experience with planning, economic development, or grant administration is preferred
- A proven record of effective leadership and management skills
- Ability to direct the resources of a public agency to achieve the organization’s mission
- Ability to manage the financial facets of the organization
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with regional leaders, partners, staff, board members, and funding agencies as appropriate
- Ability to understand state and federal laws, regulations, and rules in order to comprehend the implications to member organizations of the regional planning commission
Successful candidates need to be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, ambitious, visionary, honest, and have a reputation of integrity.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary of $65,000 – $75,000, negotiable based upon qualifications and experience
- Generous benefit package including healthcare/dental/vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Some travel is required.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, and list of references to [email protected]
Samples of prior work may be submitted for consideration; however, any work product submitted will not be returned.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
A complete job description is available at https://loclg.org
Lake of the Ozarks Council of Local Governments is an equal opportunity employer.