Questions?: Contact Vicki Glass at 202.624.8574 or [email protected]
Registration for the 2014 NADO Summer Board of Directors Meeting will begin on April 25, 2014
Registration for this event started on April 25, 2014 and is currently Closed.
Agenda & Presentations
Saturday, June 7 Board of Directors Activities
• Executive Committee Meeting (8:00 – 9:30 a.m.)
• NADO Board Strategic Planning Sessions (9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; lunch provided)
• Reception with Board Members, Spouses, and Guests (5:00 – 6:00 p.m.)
• Dinner with Board Members, Spouses, and Guests (6:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
Sunday, June 8 EDA Work Session and Networking Activities
• The Future of EDA – Open Discussion with EDA Leadership (8:30 – 10:30 a.m.) Jay Williams, Assistant Secretary for Economic Development, United States Department of Commerce (pending confirmation)
• Dinner on Your Own
Monday, June 9 Board of Directors Activities
• Regional Caucus Meetings (8:30 - 9:30 a.m.)
• Strategic Planning Wrap Up – Pathways to Implementation (9:30 – 11:00 a.m.)
• Member Showcase – TBD – (11:00 a.m. – noon)
• Networking Luncheon (Noon – 1:00 p.m.)
• NADO Board of Directors Business Meeting (1:00 – 4:30 p.m.)
• Closing Reception for Board Members and Guests (5:00 – 6:30 p.m.)
~ Please note this schedule is subject to change ~
Travel & Venue
1131 SW Skamania Lodge Way
Room Rate: $188 single/double
Skamania Lodge, a magnificent mountain resort nestled on 175 wooded acres, is located in the spectacular Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. The rustic yet elegant, grand mountain Lodge is located just 45 miles east of Portland, Oregon, on the Washington side of the Columbia River.
Click here for more information on the Skamania Lodge.
Click here for more information on local recreational activates.
~ Some or all of this information was provided by the hotel/venue ~
Skamania Lodge is easily accessible by ground transportation and is serviced from most major cities by the Portland International Airport.
Directions From the Portland International Airport
Leave airport via I-205 South. Exit to Interstate 84 East (toward The Dalles). Continue east on I-84 until the Cascade Locks/Bridge of the Gods/Stevenson exit #44. Take the Bridge of the Gods across the Columbia River (toll bridge), and then turn east (right) on Highway 14. Immediately after entering Stevenson city limits (approx. 1½ miles), turn left onto Rock Creek Drive. Travel a short distance before turning left onto Skamania Lodge Way.
*The Bridge of the Gods is under construction. We recommend you check the construction schedule for your day of arrival on http://www.portofcascadelocks.org/.
Approximate Driving Times to Skamania Lodge from:
- Downtown Portland, Oregon - 45 Minutes
- Portland International Airport - 45 Minutes
- Hood River, Oregon - 35 Minutes
- Seattle, Washington - 3.5 Hours
- Boise, Idaho - 7 Hours
Your Avis Worldwide Discount or AWD number is T530199.
When calling Avis at 1 (800) 331-1600 to make reservations, attendees should provide our reservations agents with this AWD number to ensure they receive the best available car rental rates.