Six Reasons Why NADO Should be Your Professional Home
- Effective Federal Advocacy – Whether fighting for increased federal funding for community, economic and rural development programs, working to enhance the role of regional development organizations in regional transportation planning, promoting regional approaches to homeland security preparedness or simply advancing our membership’s general interest and priorities, NADO’s legislative team works on a daily basis with Congress, the administration, coalition partners and key stakeholders to promote the value, capacity and effectiveness of the nation’s regional development organizations.
- Preserving EDA Funding – NADO remains the most effective national voice for the U. S. Economic Development Administration (EDA), especially related to the Economic Development District (EDD) program.
- Transportation & RPO America – For the past decade, NADO has worked tirelessly to secure enhanced federal guidelines for rural consultation and planning services of regional development organizations and their local governments. In June 2006, the association launched a new member service, RPO America that serves as the only national professional development network for rural transportation planners, practitioners and partners. In addition, NADO’s Rural Transportation.org (http://www NULL.ruraltransportation NULL.org) Web site has a variety of transportation resources for members.
- Peer Exchanges and Networking – As the leading national organization for executive directors of regional development organizations, along with policy leaders, professional staff and partnering organizations, NADO offers you unmatched access to your professional peers. This includes opportunities at our Annual Training Conference, Washington Policy Conference, national events for rural transportation planners and business development finance professionals, and other virtual and face-to-face convenings.
- NADO News and NADO.org – Delivered directly to your inbox, NADO News is a “must read” weekly publication that covers the latest developments on Capitol Hill, in the administration and within the NADO membership.
- Ideas & Noteworthy Practices – As a member, your organization receives substantial discounts at NADO’s two major events—the Annual Training Conference and Washington Policy Conference. These events offer great opportunities to network with your peers and learn about noteworthy practices. In addition, you receive exclusive access to special reports and best practice resources, as well as timely and quality assistance from the NADO staff in Washington.
Additional Services and Benefits of NADO Membership
- Special Report on the President’s Budget – The NADO Special Report on the President’s Budget provides an in-depth analysis of the White House’s annual budget blueprint for federal community, economic, homeland security, transportation, workforce and other programs of interest to regional development organizations. This publication is in high demand across the nation and on Capitol Hill.
- Special Reports and Training – Funded exclusively through private foundation and federal agency grants, the NADO Research Foundation is a leader in the field of regional community, economic, transportation and rural development studies. Members receive access to topic specific training, such as regional transportation planning, environmental stewardship and regional development. Read More
- Membership Directory – Gain easy access to your peers around the nation with the NADO Membership Directory, an exclusive benefit for members. An updated electronic copy is available online.
- Innovation Awards – Since 1986, the NADO Annual innovation Awards program has recognized hundreds of noteworthy programs and practices of association members. Award winners receive a press release for local distribution, a special plaque, a picture with NADO’s President and opportunity to showcase their award-winning initiative at the association’s annual training conference during the Innovation Awards Roundtable Reception. Read More
- Excellence in Transportation Awards – NADO’s RPO America and the NADO Research Foundation’s Center for Transportation Advancement and Regional Development sponsor the NADO Excellence in Regional Transportation Awards, an awards program that recognizes noteworthy projects and practices in regional transportation planning, program delivery and special initiatives. Award winners receive a press release for local distribution, special certificate and opportunity to highlight their award-winning efforts at the Excellence in Regional Transportation Awards and exhibitor Showcase during the National Rural Transportation Peer Learning Conference. Visit Rural Transportation.org for more details. Read More (http://www NULL.ruraltransportation NULL.org/pages/page NULL.asp?page_id=99494)
- EDFS Training and Networking – The Economic Development Finance Service (EDFS), a subscription-based service of the NADO Research Foundation, provides information, training, networking and research for business development loan fund professionals, including a comprehensive certification program. EDFS is the only national association with training targeted at EDA Revolving Loan Funds (RLFs) and the USDA Intermediary Relending Program (IRP). Members of NADO receive substantial discounts for EDFS membership and training. Read More
- Conference Discounts – At each level of membership you will receive deeper conference discounts.
- Job Postings – Place your job postings on the NADO.org and get maximum exposure. The NADO Web site attracts more than 5,000 users each month, with job opportunities as the most frequently viewed section. This service is a free membership benefit for NADO members. Read More
- Access to conference rooms in Washington DC – Access to *free* meeting space during conferences and visits to Washington, DC.