This annual event provides peer-to-peer learning for regional transportation planners, state DOT representatives, and their partners. The conference will provide training and networking opportunities on a variety of rural and small metropolitan transportation topics.
With hands-on workshops, best practice panels, and facilitated networking sessions that feature peer trainers and expert speakers, the conference will offer training for organizations and individuals just beginning to work in transportation, as well as those with more experience.
- Conference will occur December 3 - 5, 2014 in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Access the call for presentation abstracts here!
- To submit ideas of training topics you would like to see on the agenda, email email@example.com
Feedback from prior attendees:
- I always enjoy the National Rural Transportation Conference. It is good to network with transportation professionals through RPO America.
- I came away with much more information and many more contacts than I would ever have expected. Thank you!
- Each year, the National Rural Transportation Conference is a great way to exchange peer information and continue networking regarding transportation issues.
- I always enjoy interacting with others at the conference. I get great ideas, and it gives me a chance to see how others organize their programs and to learn about new topics.
- Overall, I was impressed with the quality of the conference content, management, organization, and scheduling. This model seems to work well for the audience.
- Excellent conference! Very valuable information!
Looking for information from prior conferences? Choose the event below:
Questions?: Contact Carrie Kissel at 202.624.8829 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for the 2014 National Rural Transportation Conference will begin on September 1, 2014
Agenda & Presentations
The conference workshops will begin the morning of Wednesday, December 3 and continue through midday on Friday, December 5. A more detailed agenda will be posted after presentation abstracts have been received.
~ Please note this schedule is subject to change ~
Travel & Venue
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
151 W. Fifth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45303
Room Rate: $134, ask for the NADO block
Room block deadline: October 31
Set in the heart of town, connected to the Duke Energy Convention Center and near an array of attractions and entertainment venues, the regal Hyatt Regency Cincinnati reigns supreme amongst downtown hotels.
Here are just a few of the ways you can enjoy your stay:
- Spread out in spacious, newly transformed guestrooms, offering generous amenities and expansive views of the city or the river
- Go down to The Banks, visit the National Underground Freedom Center, enjoy live entertainment, attend concerts, exhibits, spectator sports and more
- Get adventurous … or do nothing at all. Shop at Saks Fifth Avenue, take an invigorating dip in our indoor heated pool, keep up your fitness routine in 24-hour StayFit™ gym, or enjoy YogaAway™ in the privacy of your guestroom
- Savor a variety of culinary delights, all of which are all thoughtfully sourced and carefully served
~ Some or all of this information was provided by the hotel/venue ~
The Cincinnati area is served by the Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport Terminal in Hebron, Kentucky. Executive Transportation provides shuttle service from the airport to the Hyatt and other destinations at a rate of $22 one way or $32 round trip. Call Executive Transportation at 859-261-8841, 800-990-8841 or visit online for more information or to guarantee a reservation. Walk-up service may also be available.
Cincinnati is also served by:
- Taxi to / from Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport Terminal, approximately $25 one way
- Megabus, downtown stop is 1 block from the hotel, located at the North East Corner of the intersection of 6th and Elm Street
- Amtrak, 10 minutes from the hotel, stops at Union Terminal, approximately $4-5 for a taxi to/from Hyatt Regency
- Greyhound, 12 blocks to/from our hotel, approximately $8-$12 for a taxi to/from the hotel
Interested in supporting the National Rural Transportation Conference as an exhibitor or sponsor? Our 2014 Sponsorship Brochure will be available soon.
As a conference exhibitor or sponsor, your organization will be listed in the conference program, in pre-conference marketing materials, and on the conference website, receiving hundreds of hits each month. You will also have access to all conference events—including the many built-in opportunities for networking during receptions, breaks, and meal functions. Your display space will be located in the registration area, conveniently close to the conference sessions, a perfect location for attendees to browse and talk with you about your services and products.